Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Important: Upcoming play premiere at Mac! (help needed!)

Hi everyone

The Department of English is holding a conference at Mac in early/mid July, which will include the first Canadian staged reading/performance of "The Convent of Pleasure", written first in 1668 by Margaret Cavendish, one of the only female playwrights of the era. Actors, crew, and other volunteers are needed. As I understand it, the lines will not require memorization, and costuming will be very limited. This is more of a staged reading than a full production.

It will be directed by Gweno Williams from York St. John College from York, UK. This event is being organized by English grad students.

Please email me at porterrg [at] mcmaster [dot] ca and I will get you in contact with the correct people -- I would recommend your involvement if you have a smaller role in SDF or want some stage performance experience in front of a small audience.

1 Comments:

At June 18, 2005 1:38 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Rob, I also sent you an e-mail about this but can I get that information as well?

rockette_100@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home