Monday, March 13, 2006

Making Light of Darkenes --Audition Pieces -- Updated Sunday March 19th

1
JESTER
The sheer ignorance of some, it ceases to astound me anymore through my follies. Confidence truly is a killer as it feeds the pride that blinds our eyes and fuels the voice that then dares ask "What is happening". That is if of course as long as pride can swallow its head long enough to even begin to wonder. Do not mistake my demeanour for bitterness, do that and you loose my point. No, I am solemnly in acceptance of my role in the scheme of life. I am thrown here unto the tips of your toes, here to amuse you're within by exposing my own. I'm but a probe, a catalyst to disturb the concrete in your minds and shake them up until they once again join the sands of time. I'm forever a bank-teller who gets caught, merely doing his job, and is forced to play audience listening to the life story excuse of some new destitute. (*To the audience*) Hello there, nice to meet you, I am the sole member of a rich inside joke, where the punch-line is my words and the delivery is my talking. So as you can see I am anything but bitter. What? With my making levity out of what already is the joke of my existence…I mean how much further, may one possibly travel into the nature of humility? I assure you as my life will lean on and moves forward I will no doubt be able to answer this very query with the ripened seasoning of my experience.

2.
(Danny looks around then pulls a comb out of the back pocket of his pants. He begins to comb his hair and ensures that there is a slight curl at the front. He then breathes into his hand smells it, to check his breath. John looks at him with a confused look upon his face.)

JOHN
Cool it man, who you tryin to impress?
DANNY
No one. Can't a guy just look good without questions bein asked?
JOHN
I dunno where you been lately, but no, no he can't. If you put that much effort into lookin good around me I'm gonna ask questions.
DANNY
Well quit it man. All I did was comb my hair.
JOHN
Oh, that's all you did huh.
DANNY
Yeah, that's all I did ok?
JOHN
No that's not ok, cuz that's not all you did. I saw you man, you checked your breath like you was tryin to impress someone.
DANNY
CUT THE GAS Johnny!!!
JOHN
Fine, whatever. I was just wondering why you feel that you need to impress me, I mean we been friends for a while. Besides, unfortunately I ain't interested.
DANNY
I'm tellin you Johnny! If you're cruisin for a bruisin you just keep it up.
JOHN
Okay, okay. I'm just foolin.
DANNY
Cool, so what have you been up to?
JOHN
oh, so now who's askin the questions?
(Danny looks very frustrated)
JOHN
Geez man, you gotta cool down a little. You're wound up way too tight.
DANNY
Yeah, I know man, just those babes man, you know the ones. The ones from the diner...
JOHN
Yeah I know em. So, what of em?
DANNY
I dunno man, a few of em were hot stuff, but there was that one that was just...WOW...she was incredible.
JOHN
I dunno what you been doin but it looks like this babe has thrown you for a spin. Which one was it any way.
DANNY
Mary-Sue.
JOHN
Damn she is quite the looker. If I got the chance...whooof...what I'd like to do to her-
DANNY
Quit it man, I think I might ask her to go steady.
JOHN
Oh, great...so we're gonna lose you to?
DANNY
Well, I hear she's fast.

3.
(The 7th and 8th people now approach the crowd. They pull up some where near the back of the crowd and begin their conversation)
JONATHAN
Hey, you here about those two who were finally sentenced to death?
FRED
Yeah, the Rosenbergs right?
JONATHAN
Damn PINKO bastards!!
FRED
Wonder how much they got for selling the commies our secrets?
JONATHAN
Bet it wasn't worth the cost of his life.
FRED
And now everyone's starting to have those nuclear bomb things.
JONATHAN
Soon enough we'll start blowin each other to smithereens.
FRED
We have got things going to well now a days, don't wanna lose it all again.
JONATHAN
We should just use ours on them. That way we don't even give them a chance.
FRED
Do you even watch the news? One of those things could kill us all if something goes wrong.
JONATHAN
Yeah, but when has the government let us down? We just won the greatest battle ever. Those Krauts didn't see us coming.
FRED
And look at what they are doing now. You think that the Koreans even have chance?
JONATHAN
Not likely. Those PINKO commy bastards are more useless than those Nazis ever were.
FRED
If McArthur gets his way we will be cozying up to the Great Wall of China after we roll through Korea.
JONATHAN
All I can say is that those traitors, you know the Rosenbergs, they got what they deserved. No body tampers with the United States plans and gets away with it. What nerve though...they sure had guts.
FRED
What's this? You supporting them?
JONATHAN
No, no...I was just saying that it sure would take a lot of guts to try and undermine the government.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home